Wedding and shopping are like a Sea and salt. It is tough to disassociate them. Out of her fantasies and daydreams, a girl prepares for her wedding right from her childhood. It is said that wedding is the best thing that could happen to anyone and it requires a lot of preparations and planning. Right from the day the companion is chosen, shopping extravaganza begins and the would-be Bride has an ultimate aim in her mind, Shopping!! With the availability of web portals, online shopping is a great option and it is just a click away. Though shopping remains the most important thing for any girl before she goes to her new home, by and large, it is overlooked or shadowed by pre-wedding functions, distribution of Invitation cards, Pre-wedding photo shoots etc. In such circumstances, online shopping can come to your rescue with great offers and vast variety.
How Important is Pre-wedding Shopping?
Before marriage, Girls prepare a checklist for pre-wedding and post wedding functions and makes sure that the list is at its elaborative best. You must have seen or heard girls planning their shopping much in advance, some as early as a year before the wedding. It is great to start an early shopping as it gives you time to make the decision. More time also allows you to get better deals and possibility to browse more assortments. But do you know your pre-wedding shopping is not confined to buy only Wedding Lehenga or a Sangeet lehenag choli or an Engagement gown? It goes much beyond that.
In the midst of excitement and fright, you need to have all your stuff and belongings ready before you take the biggest leap of your life.
It is a transition from a ‘girl to a Bride’. The ‘girl to bride’ bag is quite known to all and doesn’t need much explanation. Mind you, you will have thousands of helping hands on the wedding week and will not let you forget a single stuff for the wedding. Just make sure that the Designer Lehenga for wedding and designer saree or Anarkali for your other pre-wedding functions are being taken well care of.
The concern arises when you pack your ‘Bride-to wife’ bag, the bag which carries all your stuff along to your In-laws home. It is extremely vital to embrace all your daily use items including your clothes, toiletries, makeup kit, accessories etc. Thoughtfully, you cannot expect to go out for shopping for your daily need stuff initially so it’s always advisable to carry these things.
Let’s highlight few must never-miss things for you
1. Clothes- Make sure you have carried ample quantity of clothes. Few initial days will be all about wearing new clothes. Especially, change for the next day cloth.
a. Cool and conventional options are Georgette or silk Sarees with vibrant colours or Bollywood replica sarees. Bollywood replica sarees are a trend these days and with many online websites giving catchy deals, it is must-have attire in your wardrobe.
b. You can also buy designer anarkali salwar suits to wear at your In-laws with pastel colour combinations which exhibit sober looks.
c. For post wedding functions at your In-laws place, you can always shop online Lehengas with fabrics like Velvet or Net. You need at least one heavy festive wear outfit as you are going to be a glaring point for the guests and the In-laws family members for initial few days.
2. Shoes- Carry few pair of new shoes as new clothes would always need complimentary shoes.
3. Gifts – As you would enter a new home with a lot of acquaintances, it is always sensible to carry gifts for every individual, elder or younger. It may be cash money in an envelope or a bottle of perfume or some soft toys. This will help you build a rapport.
4. Night Suits- Don’t forget to carry a few night suits as you would wear new clothes and don’t want to wear them and sleep.
5. Makeup Remover- Make sure that you carry some makeup remover. Wedding day would involve a lot of make-up and before your first night, you would certainly need a makeup remover.
7. Make-up kit – Carry a good quality make up kit. Even if you wear a very light makeup, still go for a Branded makeup kit.
8. Clothes for gifting- Mark my words; you cannot forget the clothes (gifts) for the ladies including the In-law mother, sister, aunt, or other relatives. Generally, Designer Sarees or some Anarkali Salwar suits are gifted to relatives. Make sure that the quality is good as this will be gifted by the newly wed bride and this will carry gravity to it.
9. Jewelry- Married women and jewelry go hand in hand. One expects a married woman to bear some jewelry after marriage. Gold is considered to be auspicious in Indian wedding and a Bride carries it to her In-laws place. Artificial Jewelry is also in fashion as it provides good variety and is quite affordable as well. You can buy a pair of Necklace, Pendants or earrings with studded stones at a very affordable price.
10. Handbags – ‘Handbags speak louder than words’. Don’t believe it? Ask yourself if not someone’s handbags mesmerized you more than the one who carried it. It is essential if you are a newlywed bride. Buy handbags with different shades matching your attire, you would need them while going out because you know Handbags speaks louder than words.
Hope the information is useful and you will have memorable days ahead.